It is important that all contestants remember that this is a fun, charity BBQ competition. It's about having a great time and helping others in need. The entry fee is $10.00 per person. If a contestant wishes to enter more than one category, $5.00 for each additional category will apply. If more than one family member wishes to enter this competition, an additional $5.00 per person, per category will be required. The winner is declared on the date of the event for each category, and will receive a trophy and bragging rights. Each person entering this competition will receive a ballot for prizes. You must be present to win if your name is drawn for a prize. Prizes will be drawn at 6:00pm on Saturday June 18th and Sunday June 19th 2011.
1. The decision and interpretations of the Barrie Cares BBQ Challenge (hereafter referred to as the BCBC) rules and regulations are at the discretion of the BCBC representatives at the contest. Their interpretation and decisions are final.
2. Each contestant is only permitted to submit one entry per category.
3. Contestants shall submit their entries in either a disposable recyclable container, or a re-usable plastic container. No glass or porcelain containers will be permitted.
4. All food submissions shall be cooked off-site of the contest. Please see our Hint section below to learn how to keep your food submissions warm.
5. Since this is a BBQ challenge, all meats will be inspected by an event organizer, and BCBC may refuse a submission if it is suspected that the meat entry has expired or has otherwise gone bad.
6. All entries will be tracked by a registration number. This will ensure anonymity until a winner is declared. An entry shall not be sculptured, branded or presented in a way to make it identifiable to a particular contestant. Entries must be submitted at least 15 minutes prior to the start of each category and up to 5 minutes after judging has commenced.
7. THE SIX BCBC CATEGORIES:
8. JUDGING PROCEDURES:
b) Judging will be done by a team of up to six judges.
d) A score will be based on appearance, taste, smell
and tenderness. Each entry will be given a score by each judge, with
a maximum total score of 54. In the event of a tie between two or
more entries, the low score for each will be deducted and the scores
re-calculated. In the event that this does not resolve the tie, the
winner will be decided by a coin toss.
f) BCBC reserves the right to modify the scoring system prior to the beginning of the event based on the number of entries.
g) We hope you have a wonderful time participating in the inaugural Barrie Cares BBQ Challenge. All proceeds from this event go to charity.
FOOD WARMING HINTS
· Disposable R6 Styrofoam containers are excellent
for keeping meat products warm.